As Of: May 7th, 2020
These are the rules governing all contests aired on KIKD, KKRL, KCIM and on the 1380kcim.com website. In the following rules, “Carroll Broadcasting” means Carroll Broadcasting Company of Iowa, which owns KIKD-FM, KCIM-AM, KKRL-FM radio:
- No purchase is necessary to enter any contest.
- Must Be 18 or older to enter
- Some Carroll Broadcasting contests will have specific rules that may amend these contest rules, and these rules will be aired on Carroll Broadcasting during the said contest or on the internet page for the contest and will link to these rules.
- Only one winner per household is permitted within 30 days. Any prize awarded to an ineligible listener will be deemed null and void, and an alternate eligible winner may be named.
- Anytime you call the Carroll Broadcasting studios you assume that your call will be broadcast or recorded and you grant us permission to broadcast the call or record if for later broadcast.
- As a winner of a Carroll Broadcasting contests your voice, name and/or picture may be used for promotional, broadcast, or internet purposes.
- Prizes awarded are not redeemable for cash. No prize is transferable. No substitution for a prize will be made at the request of the winner. Carroll Broadcasting reserves the right to substitute a prize of similar value.
- In the event, the winner is subject to or the subject of any order or legal process issued by any governmental agency having jurisdiction over the affairs of the winner (i.e. garnishment, child support order, judgment, lien, and the like), Carroll Broadcasting delivery of the prize to the official representative of the governmental entity claiming a right to the prize shall be thus deemed as Carroll Broadcasting awarding the prize to the winner. Carroll Broadcasting shall be entitled to rely in good faith, upon any documents presented by the representative seeking to collect the prize in lieu of the winner. Carroll Broadcasting shall not be liable for any claim by any winner for damages incidental thereto.
- All Carroll Broadcasting contests are open to all eligible U.S. residents 18 or over (unless otherwise specified). Contestants must possess a valid form of identification bearing the picture of the contestant acceptable to Carroll Broadcasting that will be presented to Carroll Broadcasting and accepted before the prize is awarded.
- Winners will be expected to claim prize at the Carroll Broadcasting studios, 1119 E. Plaza Drive., Carroll, IA between 8 am – 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday (excluding holidays) within 30 days of being notified that they are winners unless there is an expiration date on prize, which will be specifically stated.
- Carroll Broadcasting, their advertising agencies, affiliates; contest sponsors, employees, and immediate families of each, and principals and employees of all media of mass communication within a one hundred mile radius of the Carroll Broadcasting main studio are not eligible to win any contest.
- All federal, state, local laws, and regulations apply. The contest is void where prohibited.
- Carroll Broadcasting reserves the right to disqualify any winner if any contest rules are violated in any way.
- Carroll Broadcasting assumes no liability for situations, repairs, or incidents arising from any aspect of any prize awarded in any contest. Carroll Broadcasting their advertising agencies, affiliates, contest sponsors, employees, and immediate families of each absolve themselves and shall be held harmless from any action or liability arising from any contest or prize awarded in any contest.
- As a licensee of the FCC and a trustee of the public airwaves, Carroll Broadcasting reserves the right to interrupt and/or discontinue any contest or promotion (and not award the offered prize) at the discretion of Carroll Broadcasting management if world events, the national mood, or public safety so warrant.
- Carroll Broadcasting reserves the right to amend the rules to any contest at any time. Carroll Broadcasting’s decision is always final.
- For any contest requiring phone entry you must use only the following numbers:
- KIKD-FM for any contest running from 5a – 7p, unless otherwise specified: (712) 792-5453. The person operating the telephone at KIKD has the final decision as to who is the winning caller. A Phone number will be provided on-air for any contest that air from 7p – 5a.
- KKRL-FM (712) 792-9300
- KCIM-FM (712) 792-1380
- Carroll Broadcasting shall have no responsibility for failure to win or claim any prize based on difficulties with telephone, facsimile, email, or Internet difficulties, or any circumstances in any contest.
- The following are specifically related to E-contests and promotions on 1380kcim.com:
a. All appropriate information in required fields must be filled out or you will be disqualified.
b. To win a prize, you must reside within a sixty-mile radius of the Carroll Broadcasting Studios.
c. Any problems with the Internet or email are not Carroll Broadcasting’s responsibility.
- A copy of these rules is available during regular business hours at the Carroll Broadcasting Studios, 1119 E. Plaza Drive, Carroll, Iowa.