The Carroll County Iowa State University (ISU) Extension and Outreach office is hosting four agriculture specialists next week to provide farmers, ag lenders and suppliers valuable insights as they begin preparations for 2020. Grain Marketing Specialist, Dr. Chad Hart, and Economists, Drs. Lee Schulz, Wendong Zhang and Alejandro Plastina will provide information on grain and livestock price projections, global factors which could influence them, operating margins and much more during the three-hour Pro-Ag Outlook and Management Seminar. The meeting begins at 9:30 a.m. on Thursday, Nov. 14 at the Extension office in Carroll. Registration is $25 per person, including lunch, and the deadline to RSVP is Tuesday, Nov. 12. Reserve a spot by contacting Carroll County Manager, Julee Grell, through the information included with this story on our website. A list of other Pro-Ag host sites can also be found online.
County Manager, Julee Grell
1205 West US Hwy 30, Ste G
- Sioux City- 11 at 9 a.m., Woodbury County Extension Office, 712-276-2157
- Spirit Lake- 11 at 2:30 p.m., Dickinson County Extension Office, 712-336-3488.
- Fort Dodge- 13 at 4 p.m., Webster County Extension Office, 515-576-2119.
- Carroll- 14 at 9:30 a.m., Carroll County Extension Office, 712-792-2364.
- Altoona- 15 at 9 a.m., Polk County Extension Office, 515-957-5760.
- Mason City- 20 at 1 p.m., Muse-Norris Conference Center, NIACC Campus, 641-423-0844.
- Cresco- 22 at 9 a.m., Featherlite Center, Howard County Fairgrounds, 563-547-3001.
- Greenfield- 25, 1 p.m., Warren Cultural Center Auditorium, 641-743-8412.
- Shenandoah- 2, 1 p.m., Shenandoah Bricker Meeting Room, 712-542-5171.
- Iowa City- 6 at 12:30 p.m., Johnson County Extension Office, 319-337-2145.
- Pleasant- Dec. 13 at 7:30 a.m., Henry County Extension Office, 319-385-8126.
- Bloomfield- 13 at 2 p.m., Pioneer Ridge Nature Area, 641-673-5841.