At approximately 10:30 a.m. Friday, Nov. 11, the Manning, Templeton and Halbur Fire Departments reported to a fire at the Struve Labs facility on the corner of Highway 141 and Falcon Ave. east of Manning. Owner, Dr. Rexanne Struve, said they believe the fire started in an exhaust fan. Three employees were on site at the time of the fire, and had put out the visible flames with a fire extinguisher, before realizing it had already spread throughout the ceiling area. The employees were able to get out of the building and no injuries were reported, but there was extensive damage to the west side of the structure and Struve said over 60 piglets were lost in the blaze. The State Fire Marshal will be conducting a routine investigation. Struve Labs provides caesarian delivered, colostrum deprived (CDCD) piglets that are free from most swine pathogens to biological, pharmaceutical and research companies around the country and the world. They are currently the only such commercial laboratory in the United States.
Most Recent Posts
As construction work continues on the new public library at the Farner Government Building, the city has announced the need to temporarily close the entrance to the Carroll Police Department. Effective today (Wednesday, Nov. 20), the lobby...Read More
A Carroll man was taken into custody on a potential drug charge following a traffic stop Friday evening in Carroll. At approximately 5:38 p.m., an officer with the Carroll Police Department conducted a traffic stop on a...Read More
Bench warrants have been issued for two Carroll men who failed to attend pretrial hearings earlier this week. According to Carroll County District Court records, 19-year-old Devon Dewaine Lentz, who is charged with lascivious acts with a...Read More