The Carroll Fire Department responded to two incidents over the past weekend. The first occurred at approximately 3:45 p.m. Saturday in apartment B-10 in the 500 block of E. 18th Street. Upon arrival, firefighters found that an upholstered chair had been started on fire by a juvenile resident. The fire was mostly out when the department arrived as other residents used a portable fire extinguisher on the blaze. The smoldering chair was removed and ventilation equipment cleared the smoke from the building. There was very minor smoke damage and no fire damage reported. The crew remained on scene for approximately 30 minutes. The second incident occurred in the 1800 block of N. Randall Road at approximately 5:21 p.m. Sunday. The resident had placed food in the oven and then forgotten about it. The home was filled with a substantial amount of smoke, but no fire resulted. Firefighters used ventilation equipment to clear the residence and were on scene for approximately 15 minutes. No injuries were reported from either incident.